The house was built by William Seabrook in 1810 on 350 acres with majestic views, surrounded by deep water (approximately forty feet). Kiawah and Seabrook Island are only a short boat ride away. The house is a Federal-style plantation with a grand, double staircase designed by James Hoban, the architect of the White House. The main house has five bedrooms, four full baths, and two half baths. In addition to the main house, there are two guest houses, two docks, a caretaker’s house, a tea house and dock, and greenhouses. The property has been managed for hunting and recreational activities.